Equity Distribution Acquisition Corp. (Equity Distribution) (NYSE: EQD.U, EQD, and EQD WS) is a special purpose acquisition company formed for the purpose of effecting a merger, asset acquisition, stock exchange or purchase, reorganization, or combination thereof with one or more businesses. We seek to capitalize on the strategic vision, operational acumen and strong public company stewardship of our founders, Sam Zell and Bill Galvin.
While we may pursue targets in any industry, our initial focus is on North American businesses in the industrial sector. More specifically, we are looking for companies offering unique or technology-enabled solutions across the value chain in the industrial and industrial distribution markets – from manufacturers to distributors to service providers.
» Increased and enhanced service offerings
» Operational improvements
» Better business intelligence
» Platform for M&A
Our founders’ broad experience and deep expertise uniquely positions us to identify investments and grow businesses. They have a strong working relationship reflected by the June 2020 $4.5 billion sale of Anixter International, which Sam Zell chaired and Bill Galvin stewarded as CEO.
Founder & Chairman
Equity Group Investments (“EGI”)
Multi-billion dollar, 50-year-old private investment firm
- Self-made billionaire, investor, entrepreneur
- 50-year track record of building public and private businesses across industries
- Founded numerous multi-billion dollar companies
- Sponsored 12 IPOs
- Successful fundraising (>$5 billion) across sectors and markets in a variety of economic environments
- Founding father of $1 trillion REIT industry
- Recognized for strong corporate governance − Chairman of: Equity Residential (NYSE: EQR), Equity LifeStyle Properties (NYSE: ELS), Equity Commonwealth (NYSE: EQC, EQC-PD), Covanta Holding Corporation (NYSE: CVA) − Former Chairman of Anixter International, among others
Former President & CEO
Leading global distributor of network, security, electrical and utility solutions
- 35+ years of industrial sectors experience
- Driver of strategy development and expansion, operational improvements and efficiencies
- History of leading strategic acquisitions and successful integrations, focused on growth and driving value
- Proven ability to consistently grow gross margin through technology and innovation
- Achieved a 55% premium to Anixter’s share price between appointment to CEO in 2018 and company’s sale in 2020
Backed by the Resources of Equity Group Investments
Equity Group Investments (EGI), Sam Zell’s private investment firm, has originated, rescued, and grown multi-billion-dollar companies across industries.
Unrestricted Capital with an Open Investment Mandate
Backed by private capital, EGI is highly flexible in where, when and how it invests. The firm often pursues long-term investments and is highly selective on its investments.
EGI provides more than just capital to its investments; the firm is an engaged owner in driving value creation.
EGI partners closely with management to develop strategy and deliver the resources needed for growth. This includes everything from turning boards into high-performing consultancies for the business; to mining EGI’s network for pipeline opportunities; to helping management redirect a company division; and everything else in between. With a focus on alignment among asset management and the board, and a reputation for strong corporate governance, EGI is a powerful resource.
Equity Distribution will leverage the broad and deep relationship network of our founders, and EGI’s proprietary deal-sourcing capabilities to access a broad spectrum of differentiated opportunities.
We see strong opportunity and industry demand within the $2.5 trillion industrial market to incorporate disruptive technologies and technology-first thinking into traditionally less technology-centric businesses. We are targeting companies that can benefit from our strategic vision, investment acumen and operational expertise.
The opportunity to create value across the industrial ecosystem covers a wide swath of the industry.
• Strong gross and EBITDA margins
• Robust cash flow
• Attractive returns on capital
Key Industrial Trends
• Focus on digital capabilities and analytics solutions
• Integrated supply chain management solutions
• Just-in-time delivery of packaged solutions rather than components
• Real-time insights across global customer footprints